Monday, April 16, 2012

Old Miss Jensen Had a Farm...E-I-E-I-O

Okay, so maybe I'm not "old" but I'm certainly feeling it lately...especially after having bunion surgery. Doesn't that make me sound like I have nasty old lady feet? Well, not anymore. :)

It turns out that I've become the type of blogger that posts about once a month. Hopefully I can fix that in the future!

We're working on our farm unit this week and I needed a little whole group sight word game. If you would like different words to meet the needs of your kiddos, email me your list and I'd be happy to modify it for you. Most of you are probably familiar with the concept of the game. If so, you may stop reading here. :)

Directions: Print and laminate the following pages. Put 6-8 sight words in a pocket chart and hide one farm animal behind one of the word cards. Students take turns guessing which sight word the animal is hiding behind. My kiddos will be making the appropriate animal noise when they find the hidden animal. If they find the farmer, we'll sing, "E-I-E-I-O."

Farm Sight Word Game

No comments:

Post a Comment